Maintaining an unlawful sexual relationship with a child
We look at sentencing outcomes for maintaining an unlawful sexual relationship with a child offences in Queensland between 2005-06 and 2020-21.
Our research found:
- a total of 977 cases involved maintaining offences
- in 801 cases, maintaining was the most serious offence
- 98% of offenders were male
- the average age of offenders was 38 years old
- 8.7% of offenders were Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- 100% of adult offenders received a custodial penalty.