This Issues Paper has been prepared to gather and present information about sentencing for assaults on public officers to assist stakeholders and community members to provide their views to the Council on the sentencing of these offences.
Download individual chapters of the Issues Paper below.
- Preliminary pages
- List of questions
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Chapter 2 – A profile of assaults on public officers
- Chapter 3 – Current offence framework in Queensland
- Chapter 4 – Sentencing process and framework in Queensland
- Chapter 5 – Sentencing outcomes for assaults on public officers
- Chapter 6 – The approach in other jurisdictions
- Chapter 7 – Aggravated assault based on victim status
- Chapter 8 – Responding to the needs of victims
- Chapter 9 – Offence and sentencing framework – issues and options
- Chapter 10 – Enhancing community knowledge and understanding