Social media house rules
The role of the Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council is to inform the community about sentencing, engage with Queenslanders to get their views on sentencing and advise on sentencing matters.
This is an open forum and to ensure everyone can participate without being exposed to inappropriate content, offensive language or discriminatory views we have put some House Rules in place below.
This Facebook page is monitored from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Content on our page is not intended to provide legal advice and has been prepared for the purposes of providing information only. While all reasonable care has been taken in the preparation of this information, we will not assume liability for any errors or omissions.
By joining the Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council Facebook page you have agreed to adhere to the following comment and message policy.
Comment and message policy
While this is an open forum, it's also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments and messages polite.
When contributing, do not post any material that contains:
- hate speech
- profanity, obscenity or vulgarity
- comments/ messages that could be considered prejudicial, racist or inflammatory
- comments that could be considered, or are intended, as legal advice
- nudity or offensive imagery in profile pictures
- defamation to a person or people
- name calling and/or personal attacks
- comments/ messages where the main purpose is to sell a product
- comments that infringe on copyrights
- spam comments/ messages from individuals or groups, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile
- comments/ messages that contain or promote false information or faux science
- personal information about you or another individual (including identifying information, email addresses, phone numbers or private addresses)
- false representation of another individual, organisation, government or entity
- promotion of a product, business, company or organisation.
The Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council retains the right to remove or block any content that does not comply with our comment and message policy or that the Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council Media and Engagement team deems inappropriate.
Repeated violations of the Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council Facebook comment and message policy may cause the author to be blocked from the Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council Facebook page.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Facebook is not a Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council website or application; it is controlled and operated by Facebook. The Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council does not own, manage, or control Facebook. If you choose to provide information to Facebook through registration or other interaction with the Facebook website, such actions are between you and Facebook. If you choose to register with Facebook, any information that you provide is voluntarily contributed by you and is not maintained by the Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council. The Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council does not collect, maintain, or disseminate information you provide to Facebook. Although you may voluntarily contribute to Facebook with the intent to share information with others on the Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council Facebook page, to protect your privacy, please do not disclose personal information about yourself or others.
The Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council does not collect personally identifiable information such as your name, address, or telephone number from third-party websites such as Facebook. The Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council will not contact you directly via phone, mail, or email attempting to solicit information from you unless you request contact through a private message or via email.
Collaboration by the Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council with third-party websites, including Facebook, does not imply endorsement by the Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council of the sponsors of the site, or any information, product, or service depicted on the site.
Comments posted on Facebook and messages received through the Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council Facebook page may be archived by Queensland Sentencing Advisory Council.
For further information or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.